Default labor times for materials in Inventory, and actions in Preferences > Times tab, are presented in minutes. When the time is less than a minute or is a fraction, it needs to be entered in decimal format.
There are hundreds of conversion websites but for ease of use, we like CalculateMe.com in the TIME tab
Example: To install a single nail it may take 1 second, or even a portion of a second. That value is entered in a portion of a minute. So 1 second equals 0.016666667 Minutes. CalculateMe.com will quickly give you these values to enter into Crate Pro 6.
Set the FROM / TO to 'Minutes' and 'Seconds'. Depending on what information you need, you'll use 'Swap Units'.
Here's some examples of what time you might check:
- Set the From Minutes / To Seconds - 2 1/4 Nail Install time currently is .45 (of a minute)
- Enter .45 in the Amount box and the result is 27 seconds
- This assumes 27 seconds to install one nail which may or may not be accurate for your installation method
If the time is not accurate -
- Select Swap Units so the From Seconds / To Minutes is displayed
- Enter your preferred time in seconds to install one item - an example change is a change to 3 seconds (such as you may when using a nail gun)
- The new result is portions of a minute shown in fraction format, Enter this new value into Crate Pro 6 for that item.
Changes made in the Inventory will not change locked designs. You will have to unlock / lock (refresh) them to update. New designs will reflect the updated values.