Microsoft OneDrive may be set up to 'hold' all your Crate Pro 6 files. So this means Crate Pro 6 is being run from a cloud storage application.
When you attempt to open Crate Pro 6, after installing, FileMaker Pro closes immediatly. This is a conflict between FileMaker Pro installed on the computer and the Crate Pro 6 files installed on the OneDrive cloud. This can cause corruption.
Customer running in peer-to-peer or stand-alone configuration should save the Crate Pro 6 files directly on the Host computer for installation. When your Crate Pro 6 files are open/running on the Host computer, all sync apps should exclude your three Crate Pro 6 files, or set your sync time to times when the files are closed.
If you have another service to sync files - it's always better to disable one of them to avoid conflicts.
- Go to the Windows menu and run the Task Scheduler tool
- Select the Action tab on the taskbar
- Click Create Task in the pop-up menu
- Under General, set up your scheduled task
- Go to Triggers > New
- Select the sync frequency or set a specific time to sync OneDrive
- Return to the Create Task window and confirm the OneDrive schedule sync settings
- Click OK to confirm