Crate Pro is a program written using FileMaker database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world’s largest organizations, use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their business processes, manage essential information, and boost overall productivity. FileMaker Inc is owned by Apple, Inc. and will operate on both the MAC and Windows platforms.
The Crate Pro database runs inside the FileMaker software. This is similar to using a spreadsheet file in Excel©. You can add formulas to an Excel spreadsheet then enter data and the formulas will calculate results. In this regard, your Crate Pro database is similar to a very complex spreadsheet. Your license purchase includes a full version of the current FileMaker software. Your Crate Pro database files must be installed on the same drive as either FileMaker Pro (client software) or FileMaker Server depending on your configuration. Crate Pro 6 and FileMaker is installed on your own hardware. It is not cloud based.
Understanding Configuration Options:
Peer-to-Peer: If you're planning to access Crate Pro from 5 or fewer user computers you can run Crate Pro from one of those user computers and are not required to purchase FileMaker Server. When you host your Crate Pro database on a user computer its called a Peer-to-Peer configuration. The client software, FileMaker Pro, is installed on all computers that will access Crate Pro. The Crate Pro 6 database files are installed only one one of the client computers and it also requires FileMaker Pro installed. The computer with the Crate Pro database files is called the Host. Your client computers can connect to Crate Pro 6 through your local network, over your VPN, a WAN or regular internet connection. Your Host must be running a client operating system, not a server operating system.
If you did not purchase FileMaker Server you are running Peer-to-Peer or Stand-Alone (single computer)
Client-Server: If you want to install your Crate Pro database on a computer running a server operating system or will have more than five clients, FileMaker Server is purchased to allow you to host Crate Pro on a server computer. This is the Client-Server configuration. is a separate purchase from your client licenses. You will still require FileMaker Pro for your clients but you will not install the Crate Pro database files on a client computer. FileMaker Server is highly recommended for speed, security, remote management for IT, automated backups and auto-restart after reboot. FileMaker Server is required for more than 5 CAL or computer licenses, and for installations that use server operating systems such as RDS.
Note: Both configurations support LAN, VPN and internet connectivity to your Crate Pro files stored on your Host or Server. When connecting to your Crate Pro database from an external location, a static IP should be used on your network or from the Server to avoid the issue of your external IP address being changed for network traffic management. The computer that will act as Host or Server must be running Crate Pro for clients to connect. Note that user computers use resources and if you find that your connection speed is too slow you may want to switch to Client-Server or set up an dedicated computer to host Crate Pro.
System Technical Requirements: Hardware and Software requirements Your system requirements are based on the FileMaker software requirements.
FileMaker Pro Requirements Installed on all client computers and on the Host in the Peer-to-Peer configuration. One FileMaker Pro installation is included with each CAL purchased (see license plans)
FileMaker Server software- Purchased for the Client-Server configuration. Click Here for detailed system requirements on current release.
Other configurations: For virtual server configurations read this additional information:
Installing on RDS or Citrix Xen App: Crate Pro 6 easily installs in the RDS or Citrix environment.
- FileMaker Pro is installed on the virtual RDS or Citrix server but the required number of CAL license quantity is based on the number of specific end user computers that will connect to Crate Pro through the virtual server. Click Here for detailed system requirements on current release The number of FileMaker Pro installations on virtual servers may not be greater than the number of CAL purchased.
Crate Pro License Plans:
> The Perpetual plan: Companies have the opportunity to purchase only what they need to maximize their benefit for using Crate Pro while lowering their total costs. The perpetual plan offers the option to continue a low cost annual maintenance plan after 1 year. Continued maintenance is highly suggested but is not a requirement for Crate Pro 6 to continue to function after maintenance expires. This program includes your first 6 months of unlimited live support sessions with the option to purchase hourly sessions at a discounted rate after.
- Part 1: The CAL, or computer access license, is required for each unique computer that will connect to your Crate Pro database (A CAL not purchased for a computer with FileMaker Server installed).
- Each CAL includes a FileMaker Pro software installation/license which is installed on each end-user computer
- In a Citrix, RDS or virtual environment, the number of CAL required is based on the number of unique client end user computers that will connect through the virtual server(s) to Crate Pro 6 even if FileMaker Pro is not installed on the physical computer. In the case of multiple virtual servers, the number of CAL purchased must equal or be greater than the number of virtual servers.
- Minimum one CAL required but quantity purchase is based on number of computers used to access Crate Pro.
- Part 2: The DAL, database access license, manages the concurrent connections into the database by licensed CAL computers.
- You may need fewer DAL than CAL, such as in the case of shift workers sharing a computer, or if a staff member has a desktop and a laptop which will only one at a time will be used to access Crate Pro 6. Companies have the flexibility to decide how many of each they want based on their needs and their budget.
- A minimum one required but quantity purchased is based on how many users can log into Crate Pro at the same time. Do not underestimate this number as it can cost you more to have to 'take turns' accessing Crate Pro than the cost of the license.
> The Annual lease plan, is a Full license which is a combined end-user computer access license (CAL) and a concurrent connection (DAL). The initial lease term is 24 months. The lease must be renewed each year following the initial term for Crate Pro 6 to continue to function. Customers receive the initial year of free live session support from date of purchase and have the option to add live support for each succeeding year.
- In a Citrix, RDS or virtual environment, the number of CAL required is based on the number of unique client end user computers that will connect through the virtual server(s) to Crate Pro 6. In the case of multiple virtual servers, the number of CAL purchased must equal or be greater than the number of virtual servers.
!!! All plans are paid in full however, any plan over $2999 is eligible for monthly payments through eLease Funding <Click Here>