Crate Pro is a program written using FileMaker database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world’s largest organizations, use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their business processes, manage essential information, and boost overall productivity. FileMaker Inc is owned by Apple, Inc. and will operate on both the MAC and Windows platforms.
The Crate Pro database runs inside the FileMaker software. This is similar to using a spreadsheet file in Excel©. You can add formulas to an Excel spreadsheet then enter data and the formulas will calculate results. In this regard, your Crate Pro database is similar to a very complex spreadsheet. Your license purchase includes a full version of the current FileMaker software. Your Crate Pro database files must be installed on the same drive with either FileMaker Pro (client software) or FileMaker Server depending on your chosen configuration. Crate Pro 6 and FileMaker is installed on your own hardware. It is not cloud based.
1> Understanding Configuration Options: (Review this section to decide what configuration best fits your company needs prior to reviewing the license plans)
Peer-to-Peer: If you're planning to access Crate Pro from five or fewer user computers, the Crate Pro database will be hosted and used from one of your licensed user computers. The remaining computers are called Clients. When you host Crate Pro without the purchase of the Server software, its called a Peer-to-Peer configuration. You can not install your Crate Pro files on a computer running server software and you must install your Crate Pro files with a licensed version of FileMaker Advanced.
Client-Server: If you install your Crate Pro database files on a computer running a server operating system, have more than five clients or are running RDS, FileMaker Server is required. This is the Client-Server configuration. FileMaker Server is highly recommended, even for an installation with fewer clients for speed, security, remote management for IT, automated backups and auto-restart after reboot. A minimum of five (5) clients are required.
Note: Both configurations support LAN, VPN and internet connectivity to your Crate Pro files stored on your Host or Server. When connecting to your Crate Pro database from an external location, a static IP should be used on your network or from the Server to avoid the issue of your external IP address being changed for network traffic management.
2> System Technical Requirements: Ensure your current hardware and software meets requirements for installation. If you're not the installer please have them review these requirements.
FileMaker Advanced 17 is due to replace FileMaker Pro 16 please review upcoming requirements as well as current
All configurations use FileMaker Pro 16 which is included with each client computer license (CAL). FileMaker Pro software is installed on all computers in the peer-to-peer configuration and on all client computers in the client-server configuration up to the number of CAL purchased. T
Server Requirements click here: If your selected configuration will include server review the system requirements. Current release is FileMaker Server 16 but we will shortly be releasing FileMaker Server 17.
- FileMaker Pro Advanced is installed on the virtual RDS or Citrix server and FileMaker Server on the file server. Click Here for detailed system requirements on current release The required number of client (CAL) licenses required is based on the number of unique end user computers that will connect to Crate Pro through the virtual server.The number of FileMaker Pro installations on virtual servers may not be greater than the number of CAL purchased.
FileMaker Server 17 - upcoming release requirements
3> Crate Pro License Plan: (FileMaker Pro 16 is current release until FileMaker Advanced has been tested )
> The Perpetual plan: Companies have the opportunity to purchase only what they need to maximize their benefit for using Crate Pro while lowering their total costs. The perpetual plan offers the option to continue a low cost annual maintenance plan after 1 year. Continued maintenance is highly suggested but is not a requirement for Crate Pro 6 to continue to function if maintenance expires. This program includes your first 6 months of unlimited live support sessions with the option to purchase hourly sessions at a discounted rate after.
- Part 1: The CAL, or computer access license, is required for each unique computer that will connect to your Crate Pro database
- Each CAL includes a FileMaker Pro software installation/license which is installed on each end-user computer
- A CAL is not required on a computer running FileMaker Server
- In a Citrix, RDS or virtual environment, the number of CAL required is based on the number of unique client end user computers that will connect through the virtual server(s) to Crate Pro 6 even if FileMaker Pro Advanced is not installed on the physical computer. In the case of multiple virtual servers, the number of CAL purchased must equal or be greater than the number of virtual servers.
- Minimum one CAL required but quantity purchase is based on number of computers used to access Crate Pro.
- Part 2: The DAL, database access license, manages the concurrent connections into the database by licensed CAL computers.
- You may need fewer DAL than CAL, such as in the case of shift workers sharing a computer, or if a staff member has a desktop and a laptop which will only one at a time will be used to access Crate Pro 6. Companies have the flexibility to decide how many of each they want based on their needs and their budget.
- A minimum one required but quantity purchased is based on how many users can log into Crate Pro at the same time. Do not underestimate this number as it can cost you more to have to 'take turns' accessing Crate Pro than the cost of the license.
Recommended: FileMaker Server - Required for 5+ clients. Manages speed and access. Can auto-restart after reboot. Higher security for connections. Remote management of server settings. Automated backups and more.
>BEING DISCONTINUED SUMMER 2018 - The Annual lease plan, is a combined end-user computer access license (CAL) and a concurrent connection (DAL). The initial lease term is 24 months. The lease must be renewed each year following the initial term for Crate Pro 6 to continue to function. Customers receive the initial year of free live session support from date of purchase and have the option to add live support for each succeeding year. (This plan is expected to be retired summer 2018)
- In a Citrix, RDS or virtual environment, the number of CAL required is based on the number of unique client end user computers that will connect through the virtual server(s) to Crate Pro 6. In the case of multiple virtual servers, the number of CAL purchased must equal or be greater than the number of virtual servers. A minimum of 5 clients required for server installation.
- A minimum of two client licenses are required for peer-to-peer (no server)
- Failure to renew lease will stop the software from functioning.
!!! All plans are paid in full however, any plan over $2999 is eligible for monthly payments through eLease Funding <Click Here>