Some fonts are replaced with an unreadable characters - .tmp font
This is an issue with Windows operating system not identifying the correct font. Most often replacing normal text with Wingdings font.
This issue primarily occurs with Windows 10.
Windows 10 may cause this to occur when the O/S selects the wrong font file. Usually a reboot allows the Windows temp folder to release the incorrect file and identify the correct font file. This should be your first step.
Ensure that you're running the most current version of your FileMaker software if older than FileMaker 16. FileMaker Download Page
If a reboot doesn't correct the issue or the issue re-occurs often:
- Clear your temp folders
- Clear your cache
- Update Windows 10
- Delete the Windows font cache at C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT and restart the machine.
- Disable Windows Font Cache Service from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services (DO NOT JUST STOP THE SERVICE SO IT AUTO RESTARTS - DISABLE IT - This is the currently voted best permanent solution)
- Update to the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Delete the Adobe cache inside C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\acrord32_sbx\
- Use a zoom level other than 100%.
- Replace your Crate Pro Resources file which could have been damaged.
Some text errors are caused by rebooting or the computer crashes while Crate Pro 6 is open. This could cause damage to your Crate Pro Resources file
If the above solutions do not resolve your issue, you may have a corrupted Resources file.
CLose Crate Pro 6 and replace your Resources file from your Crate Pro BACKUP location