Some fonts are replaced with an unreadable characters - .tmp font
FileMaker, Inc. is aware of an issue that replaces some fonts with an unreadable .TMP font comprised of symbols. The issue is currently being investigated. Ensure that you're running the most current version of your FileMaker software. FileMaker Download Page
Windows 10 users:
Windows 10 may cause this to occur when the O/S selects the wrong font file. Usually a reboot allows the temp folder to release the incorrect file and identify the correct font file. If a reboot doesn't correct the issue:
- Clear your temp folders
- Clear your cache
- Update Windows 10
- Delete the Windows font cache at C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT and restart the machine.
- Disable Windows Font Cache Service from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services
OTHER POSSIBLE WORKAROUNDS:
- Update to the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Delete the Adobe cache inside C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\acrord32_sbx\
- Use a zoom level other than 100%.