Q: I set up an admin password into Crate Pro and I don't remember it.
A: Crate Pro 6 v4132 and later offers a password hint that will appear after multiple incorrect login attempts as a pop up window. The User name entered must be valid. Your User name is NOT your email address.
- Enter a valid user account name (not an email address) then click LOGIN multiple times so the password hint you set will appear on the login screen
- OR have another user login - access the User module login, select the user account to reset and click on RESET PASSWORD located at the top of the window. Give the temporary password to the user who can set a new password when they login which will allow them to create a new password.
We recommend that all companies create multiple User accounts with Admin privileges - this helps ensure that another person can access the database if the first admin is unavailable or leaves the company.
If the above solutions are not an option you may request a link so you can send us your file to clear the User accounts. You will need to recreate the user accounts. This option is only available to customers with active maintenance. This is fee based.
Releases older than Crate Pro 6 v4132 do not have a method to retrieve a password. Users must purchase and update to the most current eligible release. Not all legacy releases are eligible for update. Old releases and migration files are deleted from our systems after a period of time. To reset a User password:
- Have another user that has access to the User module login, select the User with the forgotten password and click on Password reset
- Update to Crate Pro 6 to the latest eligible release. This will allow you to recreate all new user accounts where you will set passwords.
Crate Pro 6 v2xxx:
- Reinstall your Crate Pro 6 release - data migration not an option
- Or upgrade to the most current release of Crate Pro 6 with a maintenance plan - this release will be installed as a new installation - data migration is not an option.
Secure your login and password information in a safe place, due to database security we do not have access to your database to retrieve passwords.
Depending on your company policy you may chose to give another trusted staff member full access to the User module while limiting access to other sections of your Crate Pro database This user can access user accounts and reset forgotten passwords. Keep this information in a safe location that you can access if needed.