Q: I set up an admin password into Crate Pro and I don't remember it.
A: Crate Pro 6 v4132 and later offers a password hint that the user may chose to enter when creating their password. The hint will appear after four incorrect login attempts as long as the User name is valid and a hint was entered. The hint appear in small text above the password field.
- Enter a valid user account name (not an email address) then click LOGIN multiple times so the password hint you set will appear on the login screen
- Have another user login - access the User module login, select the user account to reset and click on RESET PASSWORD located at the top of the window. Give the temporary password to the user who can set a new password when they login which will allow them to create a new password.
If the above solutions are not an option you may request a link so you can send us your file to clear the User accounts. You will need to recreate the user accounts. This option is only available to customers with active maintenance. This is fee based.
Crate Pro 6 v3xxx does not have a method to retrieve a password. Users must update to the most current eligible version. Crate Pro 6.3xxx will be deprecated as of August 31, 2017. Free updates are available until June 30th, 2017. Immediate Options:
- Have another user that has access to the User module login, select the User with the forgotten password and click on Password reset
- Update to Crate Pro 6.4xxx or latest eligible version. This will allow you to recreate all new user accounts where you will set passwords.
Crate Pro 6 v2xxx:
- Reinstall Crate Pro 6- data migration not an option
- Upgrade to the most current version of Crate Pro 6 with a maintenance plan
Secure your login and password information in a safe place, due to database security we do not have access to your database to retrieve passwords.
Depending on your company policy you may chose to give another trusted staff member full access to the User module while limiting access to other sections of your Crate Pro database This user can access user accounts and reset forgotten passwords. Keep this information in a safe location that you can access if needed.