Q: I set up an admin password into Crate Pro and I don't remember it.
A: Crate Pro 6 v4 and later offers a password hint that the user set up during installation.
- Enter a valid user account name then click LOGIN multiple times so the password hint you set will appear on the login screen (The number of times will vary)
- Have another user login - access the User module login, select the account to reset and click on RESET PASSWORD. Give the temporary password to the user who can set a new password when they login
If the above solutions are not an option you may request a link to send us your file to clear the User accounts. You will need to recreate your user accounts. This option is only available to customers with active maintenance on Crate Pro builds released 2017 and current. This is fee based.
Crate Pro 6 v3xxx does not have a method to retrieve a password. Users must update to the most current eligible version. Crate Pro 6.3xxx will be deprecated as of August 31, 2017. Free updates are available until June 30th, 2017. Immediate Options:
- Have another user that has access to the User module login, select the User with the forgotten password and click on Password reset
- Update to Crate Pro 6.4xxx or latest eligible version
Crate Pro 6 v2xxx:
- Reinstall Crate Pro 6- data migration not an option
- Upgrade to the most current version of Crate Pro 6 with a maintenance plan
Secure your login and password information in a safe place, due to database security we do not have access to your database to retrieve passwords.
Depending on your company policy you may chose to give another trusted staff member full access to the User module while limiting access to other sections of your Crate Pro database This user can access user accounts and reset forgotten passwords. Keep this information in a safe location that you can access if needed.