Start a new topic
Answered

Tracking Level Calculation

I'm confused how to get the correct unit of measure decimal when I select a different Tracking Level than Level A? 

Fasteners - I buy by the BOX so I enter BOX in Level B but in Level A the unit of measure is EACH - how do I tell Crate Pro how many fasteners are in the box?

Best Answer

The Tracking Level should always be set at 1  -- When you purchase an item , whether your Tracking Level unit of measure is a BOX or a PALLET or EACH, you more easily can determine the weight of one unit. Based on your Tracking Level you can easily enter or change the values in the COST and WEIGHT boxes.

Now if your preferred Tracking Level is not the default Level A (Crate PRO uses the Level A unit of measure for its crate calculations so it should not be changed), then you have to tell Crate Pro how many of the Level A units of measure make up your preferred Tracking Level. 

When you selected your Tracking Level you'll see that above the fields that you enter the number values, the text changes to show your preferred Unit of Measure. In your case the text changes to show Box Per UM.  So if a full BOX = 1  then you have to enter a decimal to indicate what portion of a box is EACH fastener. That means it will have to be a fraction.

If two fasteners make up a box then you enter .5 because .5 + .5 = 1

If you have four fasteners per box you enter .25 because  .25+.25+.25+.25=1

The formula to determine your EACH Unit of Measure or how many of EACH are in your Tracking Level is:

1  divided by (the quantity that are in the Box) = the fraction you enter in the each field

1 / 2500 = .0004

1 / 10,000 = .0001

1 Comment

Answer

The Tracking Level should always be set at 1  -- When you purchase an item , whether your Tracking Level unit of measure is a BOX or a PALLET or EACH, you more easily can determine the weight of one unit. Based on your Tracking Level you can easily enter or change the values in the COST and WEIGHT boxes.

Now if your preferred Tracking Level is not the default Level A (Crate PRO uses the Level A unit of measure for its crate calculations so it should not be changed), then you have to tell Crate Pro how many of the Level A units of measure make up your preferred Tracking Level. 

When you selected your Tracking Level you'll see that above the fields that you enter the number values, the text changes to show your preferred Unit of Measure. In your case the text changes to show Box Per UM.  So if a full BOX = 1  then you have to enter a decimal to indicate what portion of a box is EACH fastener. That means it will have to be a fraction.

If two fasteners make up a box then you enter .5 because .5 + .5 = 1

If you have four fasteners per box you enter .25 because  .25+.25+.25+.25=1

The formula to determine your EACH Unit of Measure or how many of EACH are in your Tracking Level is:

1  divided by (the quantity that are in the Box) = the fraction you enter in the each field

1 / 2500 = .0004

1 / 10,000 = .0001

Login to post a comment